DNA and siRNA transfection reagent
A New liposome developed by click chemistry!!
ScreenFect™A is a transfection reagent consisting of a new cationic liposome screened*1 by click chemistry. It can be used with various eukaryote-derived cells and can be added directly to mediums containing antibiotics or serum. DNA and siRNA can be transfected into general experimental cell strains (HeLa, HepG2, MDCK, Cos-7, etc.), stem cells (mouse ES cells, etc.), blood cells (macrophages, THP-1, RAW264, 7, etc.), microglia, primary (initial subculture) cells, and Insect cell. Medium replacement after transfection is not required due to low cytotoxicity. The constituent reagents do not contain any poisonous or deleterious substance.
*1 Biomaterials. 2012 Nov; 33(32):8160-6. 2012
- High transfection efficiency and low cytotoxicity
- Can be used for both DNA and siRNA
- No need to exchange medium and can be used in the presence of serum
Please fill out the answers as much as possible. We will give the sample pack of ScreenFect™.
Sample Ordering form
Questionnaire after the
ScreenFect™ has been used.
Please fill out the answers as much as possible. We will give a small gift to the people who complete the questionnaire.Questionnaire after
the ScreenFect™ has been used.
In comparison with competitor
GFP-expressing plasmid DNA was transfected into HEK293 cells using ScreenFect™A. The result demonstrated transfection efficiency is equal or superior to competitors. (96-well plate, GFP-expressing plasmid DNA 75 ng/well)
Transfection efficiency of liposome library
GFP-expressing plasmid DNA was transfected into HEK293T cells using a new cationic liposome library synthesized by click chemistry. As a results, a new liposome (ScreenFect™A) which can transfect plasmid DNA more efficient than company A was confirmed.
Outline of ScreenFect™A protocol
We will recommend you to examine several ratios and choose the best one.
|DNA transfection (/well)|
|Plate size||Surface area||Medium volume||Total volume SF-DNA complex||DNA / Dilution Buffer||ScreenFect™A / Dilution Buffer|
|96 wells||0.3cm2||100μl||10μl||~100ng / 5μl||~0.6μl / 5μl|
|24 wells||2cm2||500μl||50μl||~500ng / 25μl||~3μl / 25μl|
|12 wells||4cm2||1000μl||100μl||~1000ng / 50μl||~6μl / 50μl|
|6 wells||10cm2||2000μl||250μl||~2500ng / 125μl||~15μl / 125μl|
|siRNA transfection (/well)|
|Plate size||Surface area||Medium volume||Total volume SF-siRNA complex||siRNA / Dilution Buffer||ScreenFect™A / Dilution Buffer|
|96 wells||0.3cm2||100μl||10μl||~3pmol / 5μl||~0.45μl / 5μl|
|24 wells||2cm2||500μl||50μl||~20pmol / 25μl||~2μl / 25μl|
|12 wells||4cm2||1000μl||100μl||~40pmol / 50μl||~4μl / 50μl|
|6 wells||10cm2||2000μl||250μl||~90pmol / 125μl||~10μl / 125μl|
Please refer to the manual provided with the product for further information of usage.
If you need the protocol of optimization according to the type of cells, feel free to ask us.
GFP-expressing plasmid DNA was transfected into HEK293 cells using ScreenFect™A. The results demonstrated gene transfection efficiency is equal or superior to competitors. Cytotoxicity was also comparable to competitors. (96-well plate, GFP-expressing plasmid DNA 75 ng/well)
Gene transfection into mouse ES cells
GFP-expressing plasmid DNA was transfected into mouse ES cells using ScreenFect™A and GFP-positive cells were detected. As a result, about 60% or more of mouse ES cells were GFP-positive cells.
About DNA transfection
Also applicable to gene transfection into stem cells!
LRP6 siRNA was transfected into HEK293 cells using ScreenFect™A. It showed that a higher knockdown efficiency than the Company A and the Company B. (96-well plate, final concentration of 1 pmole LRP6 siRNA at 2 nM/well)
GAPDH siRNA was transfected into each cell line using ScreenFect™A. The results demonstrated that a higher knockdown efficiency than competitor. (96-well plate, final concentration of GAPDH siRNA at 3 nM/well)
applicable to siRNA transfection!!
List of cells transfected by ScreenFect™A or A plus
For further information, refer to the ScreenFect™ Databese.
FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation is updating constantly the ScreenFect™ Databese. If you are not sure whether it is applicable to cells other than listed above, feel free to ask us.
ScreenFect™A product information
Sales campaign now! We'll offer special price during the campaign.
[Term of campaign : November 1, 2016 to February 28, 2017 ] For further details, inquires to our distributors.
|Code No.||Product name||ScreenFect™A Transfection Reagent||Dilution Bufferfor ScreenFect™A||Price|
- ∙∙∙ Store at 2 to 10°C
- ∙∙∙ Store at −20°C
- ∙∙∙ Store at −80°C
- Store at room temperature if not specified.
- ∙∙∙ Specified poisonous substance
- ∙∙∙ Poisonous substance
- ∙∙∙ Deleterious substance
- ∙∙∙ Class 1 Specified Chemical Substance by the Evaluation of Chemical Substances and Regulation of Their Manufacture, etc. (CSCL)
- ∙∙∙ Class 2 Specified Chemical Substance by the CSCL
- ∙∙∙ Poisonous substance
- ∙∙∙ Deleterious substance
- ∙∙∙ Class 1 designated substance by the Act on the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and the Regulation of Specific Chemicals,
- ∙∙∙ Class 2 designated substance by the same act
- ∙∙∙ Psychotropic
- ∙∙∙ Raw material of specified narcotics and psychotropics
- ∙∙∙ Cartagena Protocol
* The details given show the information available as of October 2016.
The reagent given is intended only for the purposes of testing and research and cannot be used as a “drug”, “food” or “household product”.
Suggested delivery prices show the “price of the product alone” not including consumption tax.
Suggested delivery prices are the prices at the time of preparation of this article.
- Diefenbacher, Markus E., et al. "The LIM Domain Protein nTRIP6 Recruits the Mediator Complex to AP-1-Regulated Promoters." PLoS ONE 9.5 (2014): e97549.
- Freise, Christian, and Uwe Querfeld. "Inhibition of vascular calcification by block of intermediate conductance calcium-activated potassium channels with TRAM-34." Pharmacological Research (2014).
- Hagiwara, Akane, et al. "Luteinizing Hormone-Induced Expression of Ptger4b, a Prostaglandin E2 Receptor Indispensable for Ovulation of the Medaka Oryzias latipes, Is Regulated by a Genomic Mechanism Involving Nuclear Progestin Receptor."
- Peng, Yanyan, Ruidan Xu, and Xiaofeng Zheng. "HSCARG Negatively Regulates the Cellular Antiviral RIG-I Like Receptor Signaling Pathway by Inhibiting TRAF3 Ubiquitination via Recruiting OTUB1." PLoS pathogens 10.4 (2014): e1004041. (3)
- Wakimoto, Hiroaki, et al. "Targetable signaling pathway mutations are associated with malignant phenotype in IDH-mutant gliomas." Clinical Cancer Research (2014). (2)
- Fischer, Simon, et al. "Breaking limitations of complex culture media: Functional non-viral miRNA delivery into pharmaceutical production cell lines." Journal of biotechnology 168.4 (2013): 589-600.
- Bai, Dongmei, et al. "Regulation of the HDM2-p53 pathway by ribosomal protein L6 in response to ribosomal stress." Nucleic acids research 42.3 (2014): 1799-1811.
- Liu, Xing, et al. "Isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 mutation is a frequent event in osteosarcoma detected by a multi‐specific monoclonal antibody MsMab‐1." Cancer medicine 2.6 (2013): 803-814.
FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical CorporationWeb Site
Toll-free phone number: 0120-052-099 Toll-free facsimile: 0120-052-806
|Head Office||1-2 Doshomachi 3-Chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-8605,
Telephone: 06-6203-3741 (switchboard)
|Tokyo Office||4-1 Nihonbashi Honcho 2-Chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0023,
Telephone: 03-3270-8571 (switchboard)
|Kyushu Office||092-622-1005 (switchboard)||Chugoku Office||082-569-8095 (switchboard)|
|Tokai Office||052-772-0788 (switchboard)||Tsukuba Office||0298-58-2278 (switchboard)|
|Tohoku Office||022-222-3072 (switchboard)||Hokkaido Office||011-271-0285 (switchboard)|
FUJIFILM Wako Chemicals U.S.A. CorporationWeb Site
Toll-Free (U.S. only): 1-877-714-1920
|Head Office||Richmond, VA, Telephone: 1-804-714-1920, Facsimile: 1-804-271-7791|
FUJIFILM Wako Chemicals Europe GmbHWeb Site
|Europe Office||Fuggerstraße 12, D-41468, Neuss, Germany, Telephone: 49-2131-311-0, Facsimile: 49-2131-311100|